RANDALL BECKENDORFF MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
The Randall Beckendorff Memorial Scholarship was founded in 1980 in memory of Randall Mark (Randy) Beckendorff. This scholarship is intended to provide financial assistance to the student who is of average scholastic performance, but who is extremely dedicated and hardworking, and who is interested in pursuing an education in the field of agriculture. The Scholarship Committee takes an active interest in its recipients, and the Fund has a very high percentage of recipients who have graduated from their chosen colleges. To be eligible to apply for the Randall Beckendorff Memorial Scholarship, the student must be a senior graduating from a Katy Independent School District high school. A minimum grade point average of 2.0 is required, and the student must be pursuing an education in the field of agriculture. The Scholarship Committee does not discriminate because of race, gender, age, or religion. The total amount of the scholarship is dependent upon fundraiser successes.
GUIDELINES FOR COMPLETING THE APPLICATION
1. Take time to study the application. Sloppy writing, poor organization, and misspelled words will lower you chances of approval.
2. Your application must be complete. Complete both of the first two pages of the application, then attach your photograph, transcript, letter(s) of recommendation, and statement of need. Please include any special information about yourself in the statement of need. Try to draw the Scholarship Committee a good picture of your need of financial aid, your determination to complete your education, and your future goals.
3. Letter(s) of recommendation may come from your teachers, counselors, or civic leaders. Please do not ask family members for letters of recommendation. Only one letter of recommendation is required.
4. A copy of your transcript is sufficient. The Committee does not require an official copy.
5. Remember, the Committee is looking for the student who demonstrates the perseverance necessary to complete his or her academic goals. Your past successes are an indication of your future performance.
6. The deadline for the application is April 1st.
…for the continuation of agricultural education.